Monday, March 4, 2024

Group Meeting !

Hey guys happy Tuesday! Today, I wanted to talk to you guys about something really helpful that happened in class today. Today in class, we did group meetings. For those of you who have stuck around from the very beginning, you have definitely seen these before. For those of you who haven't, these group meetings are done in order to receiver positive feedback and let us know what we are doing good and what we need to improve. 

Sadly, today I was feeling very ill and did not end up going to school and my other group member Mariana was feeling the same, but my group member Isabella did end up going. Although I wasn't there to receive the feedback, Isabella received it for us. In class, Isabella spoke to other classmates about how we are having a little issue with deciding specific scenes that correlated with our aim. We are also having a little bit of trouble deciding some more shots to use for our b-roll. 

We have half of the b-roll thought out, but we are having a little trouble deciding what else to add for the b-roll. Our classmates gave us some ideas to input for our b-roll. They were very helpful in this by saying that we could use video from getting out of the car in the beginning and asking Javier to film some stuff for us out of the country so that we can have enough b-roll. 

We have also started thinking about what we were going to say in our interview. We are planning on filming this weekend, so we need to come up with some ideas before then. The people in my group thought that our idea was really good, and they said that making a second episode to a previously done documentary was very smart idea and it was really unique. 

These critiques are always very helpful in getting feedback from other people and thinking outside the box. They always get you out of your little block and are a very good exercise. I would have loved to have been there for the critiques because it would have been so fun and my group and I could have been able to ask more questions, but again, I was sick. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and I am looking forward to implementing this feedback on my next posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....