Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Filming First CCR

Hey guys, Happy Tuesday! Today I wanted to talk about my first CCR. I filmed it!!

This CCR was supposed to be a bit creative. Recently, before the show Outer Banks new season came out, the cast members did a little interview and answered tweets from fans. Anything they asked, they answered. That is sort of the approach I took. This needs a white backdrop and since my girlfriend's mom is a photographer, she had one I could use. I took a different approach in the creation of the video though. I didn't stop the video any time I messed up and just pieced the good lines together when editing. This was done on purpose though. The videos where they do this usually do it this way. It looks as if they stitched many clips together. It adds an interesting effect on the video when it looks stitched together. 

This was annoying though. I had to go through 17 minutes of footage and cut the parts I messed up on (and I messed up a lot lol). What I did was listen through it all and every line I did correct, I would cut out all the other takes and put the correct part on the left so I know those were the ones that were good. After this, I added some music that perfectly suited the situation. I finished the video for the most part but I want to show the twitter tweets on the screen when I read them. I will take a screenshot of a twitter post and photoshop it to make it look how I want it to. This will make the video more interactive and intriguing so it's not just a talking head the whole time. 

Here is a picture of my filming:


I will finish this by tomorrow and get started on the second CCR which is the powerpoint. This one should not take too long so I will hopefully finish it tomorrow and would just need to add the voice over and I would be done with that one too. I have finished filming and editing the film opening and I will post it when I post the CCR's. The CCR's and the film opening will be my last 2 posts. After all this, it's over. I will be done with this project. I am happy to show all my friends and family when I finish :).

That's it for today guys, and I hope to see you tomorrow on the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....