Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Great New Idea - Representation

 Happy Monday everyone, 

I wanted to tell you guys about a really great idea I had recently. I did have an idea for representation already but I just came up with another idea. In my film opening, the character gets kidnapped after getting in way over his head. When he gets taken to a separate facility, he wakes up to 2 women in front of him. I will ask my girlfriend and my friend to be one of the goons in the back to represent women in this genre. Many women aren't represented well in this genre OR in the mafia so I thought it would be a good idea to have a woman in it. In the past, women were only featured in action films as love interests. Very rarely were they lead characters or partook in any of the violence. This will be different in my film because I will have women play the muscle characters. Often, women do not get the big jobs in the mafia or the big characters in these films so I thought this would be a very good idea for representation.

They will be wearing long coats with colors like red and brown to show power. 


Sources
:
 https://theactionelite.com/the-portrayal-of-women-in-action films/#:~:text=Up%20until%20very%20recently%2C%20women,off%20of%20the%20protagonist's%20masculinity.

That's it for today and i'll get right on to writing my script. There aren't many speaking parts so it shouldn't be too hard.

Happy Monday guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....