Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Editing!!

Hey guys, happy Wednesday and happy spring break! My family and I decided to head up to the west coast to have a fun and relaxing vacation. Although the beach was amazing, its also giving me time to reflect on my project. What I did wrong, what I could improve, what I would like to input. Those kinds of things. To take advantage of the situation, I decided to continue editing on the beach. It was very relaxing and hey, I even got some sun. Anyway, let's continue with the editing portion. Since I have to re-shoot the last scene of my film opening because it was too rushed, I am only editing the first scene. There was a lot of thought process that had to go with this because I had to figure out what music suits this opening the best. I went with a dystopian trailer to sort of give that eerie feeling in the first scene. I was able to add a few sound effects in certain parts to emphasize a hit or a thud to to make the scene more dramatic. 

Here is a picture of the editing timeline:

I did start editing the second scene as well to just plan out how I would like it to be. I know the layout of how I want it to be now so I will just re-shoot it and edit it in no time. In the next scene, I am planning on doing a neat trick to create a blinking effect when he wakes up. This can all be done with the power of premier. I did a little research and watched a youtube video from an expert and after I shoot the next part, I will create this effect. 

Here is the youtube link for the video I watched: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50qIeVsF0zU&t=380s

That's it for today guys and stay tuned for the real video to be finished. The next step will be the CCR's!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....