Monday, March 25, 2024

Editing Our Filmed Footage

 


Hey guys happy Monday and welcome back! I hope you had a great weekend and are ready for the new week. As you know, we filmed a part of Isabella's interview last week. Today, I wanted to hop on here and talk to you guys about the editing of the clips we have shot so far. 

To start, editing these clips has proven to be a little bit of a challenge. This was expected though. One of the major issues I am facing is the decision we made to film in a continuous shot format. While this provides a natural flow to the dialogue, it did create a little bit of an issue. I am having to watch the continuous shots and cut out the mistakes and piece it together. I had to be precise and patient as I tried to make it look natural and smooth. With multiple takes, piecing together the story required careful consideration of the narrative flow.

As well as this, the exposure of the clips turned out to be something that was a little difficult to manage, This has been an issue for me in the past because I think that when you film on an iPhone and you upload it to Adobe Premier, the white-balance gets offset and it makes it look overexposed. I had forgotten how to do this and had to research this again. I actually watched a youtube video about this because I was having a hard time. So far, I have also started playing around with the music and the loudness of the voice to make it sound nice, but also hear the music in the background. 

Below, you can see the timeline of my editing so far:

This is just the beginning of it and I will continue to update you guys on the status of our editing and filming. Despite the issues we came across, I am very proud and happy with the progress we have made so far. Each thing we do brings us closer to our end goal and finished result and I am happy to say that we are close to that. As we dive deeper into the editing process and the rest of the filming, we will have a better idea on where we stand and how the final result comes out. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post and I am excited to see how this project progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....