Friday, March 8, 2024

'Make It Happen' Storyboard

Hey guys, happy Friday! I hope you're all doing well and ready for the weekend. Today, I have something really special that I want to share with you all. I've just completed the storyboard for my documentary, "Make It Happen," and let me tell you, the excitement I'm feeling right now is unmatched. 

Creating this storyboard has been an incredibly rewarding process. It's one thing to have an idea floating around in your head, but it's a completely different thing to see it laid out visually. This process has allowed me to truly visualize the flow of the entire documentary, identifying the key moments and the narrative that I want to share with you all. I can't wait to start the production process and share the final result with the world. But let's be real, This is obviously not the first draft and it will continue to be updated, but here goes!

Here is the storyboard: 




On the first slide, you can see the words "Make It Happen". This will be the introduction of our documentary. In here, we will introduce our subject and show our title. On the next slide, we will be interviewing the daughter (our group member Isabella) and we will be exposing how the daughter's POV is from how the company affected her growing up. Next, we will start from the beginning. We want to show how the company came to be and a quick backstory. Next (like every documentary), we need b-roll. For b-roll, we will be showcasing some meetings and the expansion of his company. This is not the full b-roll list but if you go to one of my previous posts, you can see a storyboard for our-roll to get a better idea of what else we would include.

To continue, we will be showing shots of the interviews. In the interviews, we will get first hand knowledge from Javier and how it affected him and how he did it. This will be a very important part of the documentary because it will be what the story will be driven from. In this, we would ask specific questions that dive deep into specific reasons on why he decided to expand and create the company. On the first episode that we produced, we talked about him starting the company so we would likely refer to this in this episode as well. 

Anyway, I hope that you are just as excited as I am to see this final result and I will see you next week when the real work starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....