Monday, February 19, 2024

Quick Turnaround!

 


Hey guys happy Monday! I hope you are having a good start to your week. I wanted to hop on here and update you guys on a complete turnaround we did while brainstorming. On one of our previous projects I did with my same current group, we produced a documentary of our own making and we it was really fun. My group and felt that we didn't let our documentary live up to it's full potential so after careful consideration, we decided to switch to a documentary for our portfolio project. Yes yes I know it is a big change but giving that we are still in the planning stage, it's okay that we did this. 

We will not change it again (at least I hope not) and we are very excited to produce this documentary. At first, my group member Isabella was not at all convinced or on board with doing a short film. Although we won the coin toss, we all soon realized that she was indeed right and producing a documentary would be very fun and exciting. Since we didn't feel like our last one lived up to it's full potential, we decided to try from a different angle and produce something even better. 

When my team and I were talking, we all began to wonder what were the reasons our previous documentary didn't live up to it's full potential. We all came to the conclusion that it was due to the time. Now let me explain. Although we were given enough time to produce an okay documentary on our last project, we felt like it was too rushed. Now that we have more time, we could milk every drop of success out of this project and make it the best work we have ever produced. Who knows, maybe we'll be so proud of our work that we'll feel like we should submit it to a film festival! In our next project, 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little update and found it as exciting as me. See you on the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....