Tuesday, February 27, 2024

"Make It Happen" Reflecting and Applying


Hey guys! Welcome back to the blog. I hope you are having a good start to your week. Today, I wanted to talk about our project, but more specifically, how to make it better than our last one. As you know, we've done a project just like this before and are creating a continuation of the last one. On our last project, my group and I felt that we didn't do as good as we could have given our limited time, but we feel we can make this better than the last one because of more time and more planning. 


Today, we will be talking about what we did wrong in the last one and what we could do better on this one. On our last project, it felt a little rushed. We feel like if we had slowed it down a little bit better it would have been able to tell the story more smoothly and more efficiently. There are some things that we felt that we did very good with on the last project. This includes the b-roll and the scripts. The b-roll we did was by far the best b-roll I've ever produced and it is what really developed our story and made it the most interesting. Below you can see some examples of some of the b-roll that we produced:



Another thing is the music. We did very well with our music choice on the last project and we hope that we can  choose some very good music that best suits the project this time as well. We also feel that we did very well on the plot. It was very well thought out and told the story perfectly, the only bad thing really being the rushed final cut. On this project we plan to reflect on all of our critiques (my group and my classmates) and make this the best documentary out there. I really want to work hard on this because I hope that I'm able to submit my final piece to a film festival to get professional feedback and to see what people think.


Anyway, I hope you like the blog post today and I'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....