Monday, February 12, 2024

Film Distribution Project


 Hi guys happy Monday! Here we are, almost 2 months later. I hope all has been well with you guys. I know I haven't talked to you guys in a little while but i've been really busy working on my latest project. That's what I wanted to update you guys on and tell you all about. 

This latest project was called the film distribution project. In this project, our media class partnered with the creative writing class where wrote a storyline for us and we had to produce it and create a distribution plan for it. We had to create one trailer, one teaser, and an entire distribution plan for the storyline given to us. We got to choose from 3 options which I thought was really nice. We ended up choosing a psychological thriller called A Hemlock for the Heart. 

This story that we choose was about a character who works at a flower shop. All of a sudden, he starts feeling like he's losing time and not remembering parts of his day. He finds this really weird but thinks nothing if it until one of his co-workers is found dead and left with flowers by her side. Our main character is the one who found her but starts to have a weird feeling like he had something to do with it. He starts to see signs such as blood under his finger nails, weird dreams, and the loss of time. Our character goes into a spiral and finds that he was indeed the killer and has a split personality. Interesting right ?? 

Since we were in charge of the distribution plan, we were in charge of the rating, the target audience, where we were going to distribute, and even some key art for the production. We decided upon a rated R rating because of the gory and dark storyline. The target audience we choose was 17-45 and we decided to distribute through a streaming platform known as HBO MAX. 


Here is the key art we created for our production:


  


We also created an image similar to the Netflix covers of upcoming movies to intrigue our audience:



In the top right corner, you can see the key art for our film which I thought was a really good touch. This project was really fun to produce and I loved how everything turned out. On my next post, I have a little treat for you guys. I hate to leave you on a cliff-hanger but I promise you'll be just as excited as I am. 

See you on my next post!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....