Wednesday, February 14, 2024

A Level Portfolio Project Explained


Hey guys welcome back and happy Valentines Day! Today in class, my group and I had the chance to start working on our project. This class period, it was all about the brainstorming. On my last post, I had said that we were down to 2 choices: the short film package and the film promotion package. Although we had made it down to 2 choices, we still needed to eliminate one in the end. This is where the problem came in. 

My group and I were in a little bit of a dilemma because we all wanted to do different things. Once we narrowed it down to 2 choices, we did what any logical person would do, we flipped a coin to figure out our decision lol. I know this isn't the smartest decision for figuring out what project we will be doing to submit to Cambridge but it was the most effective at the moment and I though it was a little fun and spontaneous. It was heads for the short film or tails for the film promotion. This was really funny for our group because my group member that wanted to flip the coin didn't know how to flip it correctly, so it took us a few tries to perfect it. 

Once we perfected the flip, it was time for the official one. I don't know why I was so nervous, but this did depict our entire project so I guess it's understandable. Anyway, the official flip came and as the coin was flipping through the air, I was praying for the short film because I feel like that one would be the most fun one to make. When it finally hit the group and I peeked at which side of the coin it landed on, I sighed heavily in relief because it landed on the short film package! 

Now that we figured out what project we were doing, we needed to figure out the genre and story line. This is the hardest part because we can't just throw a coin in the air to figure this one out now can we, so we have to think deeply. Well guys, I think that's all for today and we'll update you guys on the genre and story line we chose later. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....