Thursday, December 14, 2023

Production Part 2

 Hey guys and good afternoon! Today is a very exciting day because we are gonna talk about the editing and you'll finally be able to see the end result. Lets jump right in shall we?

So editing isn't the most exciting part of the production but it is definitely the most important. I personally like editing because it is relaxing for me and it lets me experiment and come up with all types of amazing things. This editing job was brutal though. This was because we organized our piece in a complicated way to get the most reaction from the audience but it did end up making it time consuming. Since I was still out of the country, I tried my best to edit. 

Originally, I was going to do the editing part because it is what I do best, but there was something wrong with the file that it did not let me see changes. I did my best to get around this and ended up organizing all filmed portions in their correct order to make things easy for Isabella who added finishing touches on and made the final piece. What made this part the most difficult was the language barrier. As you may see when you watch the production, one of our subjects only spoke Spanish making it hard to edit the subtitles. Nonetheless, it got done and it came out amazing!! 

Now that everything was put into the timeline and edited, there was one last touch that needed to be added. The name of our production. This was a pretty difficult decision giving that the name of a production always reflects how the viewer will. react in the production viewing. We finally came up with the jackpot name; Make It Happen. We all thought that this was the PERFECT fit for our piece because it reflected the struggles faced and the hard work shown for Javier when establishing a company in the US. 

Now, what you have all been waiting for. Below, you will see the name "Make It Happen". This is a link to our video since the file was too large to upload directly on here. Click it, sit back, and prepare to be amazed ! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did !

Make It Happen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Our episodic documentary 'Make It Happen' works to develop the idea of the immigrant experience of establishing a company in the US....